POSITION TITLE: Fleet and Safety Director
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
PAY STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISES: Fleet and Safety Department
General Responsibility: The Fleet and Safety Director is responsible for overseeing the safety of our employee-owners and Fleet & Equipment. The Safety Manager will plan, direct, implement, and oversee aspects of the company’s Safety & Fleet programs, processes, data systems, management system, Maturity Path assessments and training processes, all designed to help ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free.
- Plans and implements safety management systems, policies and procedures for compliance and risk prevention, meeting federal, state, county and local rules and regulations. Programs are designed for field, shop and office operations and environments.
- Develop effective safety plans designed to meet operational goals to reduce injuries, accidents, and incidents
- Provide supervisor and management training on accident root cause analysis
- Effectively communicate Health and Safety strategy and objectives with Senior Leadership
- Lead incident investigation process, including cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans
- Design and implement effective metrics to track progress, proactively identify areas of concern and drive safety accountability
- Oversee company Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and project specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- Remains current on federal, state, county and local safety regulations. Keep management informed of new or revised regulations and their projected impact
- Partners with Fleet Manager to identify and resolve gaps in DOT compliance, related training programs and safe practices and logs.
- Work collaboratively with management to develop and establish policies relating to the acquisition, maintenance and disposal of fleet assets.
- Develop and maintain fuel usage program; ensure audit and reporting are accurate and timely.
- Coordinate purchase of new fleet assets or rental equipment.
- Responsible for renewal of DOT permit
- Assure that BIT Inspection documentation is maintained properly for Federal, State of California and all other State and or local requirements. Meet Biennial California inspection standards.
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
- Believes in and champions Employer’s core values and inspires others to do the same.
- Other duties or projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- California Class C Driver License, with good DMV record is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Occupational Health working in Construction and/or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Fleet and Safety Management is required.
- Demonstrate leadership to evaluate risks and compliance situations from system, cultural and behaviors perspectives.
- Ability to influence others to adopt changes/corrections, through motivational, factual and positive coaching
- Demonstrate flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving
- Proven time management and follow-through skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Display superior written, oral communication skills and effective listening skills
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and integrity, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Ability to teach, mentor, and lead in various group settings
- Ability to analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions
- Ability to make quick decisions and commit to a clear course of action
- Ability to identify key issues and relationships relevant to achieving long range goals or vision
- Positive disposition, professional bearing and excited to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to understand and analyze data to make decisions
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs
The position of Fleet and Safety Director requires that you are able to lift objects that weight up to 25 pounds, squat, kneel, twist, bend, and work above head and below waist. Ability to sit for long periods, stand, walk, climb stairs and use of hands, fingers, wrist and arms. Occasional driving to jobsites will be necessary, ability to work on uneven unclean terrain for several hours.
Please contact Chris Maliki at email@example.com