Join the Reyes team and become a part of an established Heavy Civil General Contracting firm.
Reyes has variety of clients including the U.S. Navy, Ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach and San Diego, Army
Corps of Engineers, and various counties and cities projects. Our past projects include a wide range of Heavy
The Safety Director Position will plan, direct, implement, and oversee the company’s Safety Program
including development of site safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy and accident free
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and implement risk management, safety policies and procedures in compliance with all
federal, state, county and local rules and regulations, including MSDS requirements, for both
field and office operations.
• Remain current on federal, state, county and local safety regulations. Keep management
informed of new or revised regulations and their projected impact.
• Perform construction site audits and provide recommendations for hazard abatement.
• Support multiple field safety mangers in ensuring each construction project is conducting
operations in a safe manner for the protection of our employees, clients, subcontractors and
• Develop and implement site / project specific safety plans. Effectively communicate with
• Review subcontractor pre-qualification documentation to ensure acceptable safety records and
communicate with Project Managers.
• Provide safety mentoring to sub-contractors.
• Act as the corporate contact for any federal, state or municipal safety or risk management
authority and / or personnel, including but not limited to OSHA.
• Develop pre-job hazard analysis to prepare for construction.
• Reduce job hazards and ensure a safe working environment. Assist in identifying cause of
unsafe conditions and injury claims.
• Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices,
safe equipment operating techniques and emergency prevention for job sites and office.
• Implement / oversee safety incentive programs
• Provide corrective action recommendations and assist in implementing metrics for tracking and
reporting on performance issues.
• Conduct, assist and coordinate training.
• Conduct and / or assist with new hire orientation and safety meetings.
• Administer company Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and project specific Accident
Prevention Plan (APP).
• Manage and oversee motor vehicle fleet safety program.
• Record and compile data, update logs, and monitor equipment maintenance.
• Ensure compliance with corporate worker’s compensation program including working with
internal personnel and 3rd party administrators / legal counsel to effectively investigate and
resolve claims in a cost-effective manner.
• Conduct accident, injury, unsafe work condition investigations.
• Responsible for facilitating early return to work responsibilities for injured workers and provide
meaningful light duty transitional opportunities.
• Represent the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
• Travel to various job sites as needed
• Team Leader
• Honest, respectful and trustworthy
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to adapt to changes
• Good listening skills
• Problem solver
• Strong work ethic
• Organized and detail oriented
• Desire to learn and use technology
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Occupational Health and Safety, other related field or
• Minimum 7 years of Safety Management experience in the heavy civil construction industry
• Certified Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) and / or Certified Safety Professional
• OSHA 30 Certification
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Some travel required
• Permanent Full-Time position
• Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA Program, 401K
Reyes Construction, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and employs without
regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a disabled veteran.
Additionally, it is the policy of Reyes Construction, Inc. to maintain a work environment free from
discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender sexual orientation, age,
disability, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law with
regard to any term or condition of employment.