To learn about exciting job opportunities in the safety, health, and environmental field, please contact our Job Line Representative:
Job Line – David Ferguson
ASSP – San Diego Chapter
P.O. Box 880163
San Diego, CA 92168
New Job Openings…
The following positions relate to safety in some way. Please contact the company with the listing directly. To list a position, please contact David Ferguson @ 619-243-4258 or e-mail Jobline@sandiego.assp.org.
Please see URL in order to view and apply
This position is responsible for implementing wellness initiatives and inspecting, auditing, training and filing workers’ compensation claims in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Evaluates the workplace for hazards and generates job hazard assessments for job positions.
- Inspects and audits worksites and work practices to ensure both adhere to regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates and provides initial and ongoing safety training to company employees which include employees in remote locations
- Investigates near misses and accidents to identify root causes and recommends countermeasures.
- Maintains up to date incident database, safety report metrics (leading and lagging indicators), and OSHA 300 Logs.
- Supports in workers’ compensation case management with employee, manager and carrier to ensure best possible outcome (minimized to zero modified/loss work days).
- Schedules and tracks wellness events.
- Performs administrative tasks on wellness platform and/or in conjunction with vendor.
- Responds to wellness inquiries from staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Current driver’s license with a good record over the past 3 years.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) status preferred.
Experience Required: At least two years’ professional workers’ compensation and/or safety experience.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Strong knowledge of management principles and practice.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- MS Excel, Word.
Equipment Used: Office Equipment such as computers, copiers, telephone, fax machines, etc.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged sitting position.
- Traveling to other clinic sites and within County.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends and attend meetings outside of regular working hours.
Contact: T: 619.662.4100 | X: 3510 | E: Erica.Noman@syhealth.org
Please see link to view and apply for position
Please see the hyperlink below to view position and to apply.