Industrial Hygiene Location: Fullerton, CA
Compensation: Dependent on Experience starting at $95,000 a year PRIMARY PURPOSE:
To conduct complex investigations and on-site analysis to recognize, eliminate, and control
occupational health hazards and diseases using experience and advanced education and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducts complex investigations and on-site analysis to recognize, eliminate, and control
occupational health hazards and diseases.
• Collects samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
• Investigates adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that
may affect occupant health, comfort, or efficiency.
• Inspects and evaluates work operations and processes to determine potential contaminate
emission sources or related health hazards associated with workplace conditions.
• Conducts investigations of working conditions in places of employment for the prevention of
occupational disease and industrial health hazards, with specific reference to toxins, noise, or
harmful physical agents.
• Measures airborne concentrations of dust, gases and mists using air sampling tools and
• Collects samples of work materials to detect and evaluate occupant exposure to toxic
• Determines effectiveness of engineering control methods and makes recommendations regarding
location, design, structure, operations, and maintenance of contaminant and physical agent control
• Interprets rules and regulations to officials of industry and others.
• Consults with management, engineers, and other agencies regarding industrial health problems
• Examines, for approval, plans and specifications of proposed contaminant and physical agent
• Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree in physical sciences, biological sciences, or engineering with an emphasis on
environmental health, industrial hygiene, physiology, toxicology or biology from an accredited
college or university preferred. Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
Board Certified through the American Industrial Hygiene Associate as Certified Industrial Hygienist
(CIH) or Certified Industrial Hygienist in Training (CIHT); or Board Certified through the American
Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) as a Certified Safety Professional or Occupational Health and
Professional (OHST); or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) Certified in Mold Consulting
or Inspector (CMC or CMI) or Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC) or equivalent.
Skills & Knowledge
• Knowledge of the principles of industrial hygiene and workplace hazards
• Knowledge of scientific methods used in health hazard control
• Knowledge of state and federal statutes concerning industrial hygiene and air pollution
• Skilled in organization and interpretation of field data and in identifying necessary
• Ability to organize, assign and coordinate the work of others
• Ability to set priorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
• Analytical and interpretive skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
• OSHA Written Programs Preparation and Implementation
• Mold/ Indoor Air Quality Investigations and reporting
• Mold Restoration Protocol Preparation
• Asbestos and hazardous materials consulting
• Environmental, Health & Safety Audits