PEO Risk and Safety Representative
Helps manage our PEO workers’ compensation program by implementing safety and risk control services to our PEO client base via onsite and telephonic communication. Provide guidance to clients on safety laws, accident prevention, inspection, and record-keeping requirements. In addition, assist sales and underwriting departments with determination of safety standards and support in the underwriting review process of potential clients. Provides a valuable safety services to our PEO clients assisting them in controlling workplaces injuries to ensure continued client workers’ compensation profitability.
• Performs on going risk and safety management service to PEO clients to ensure they are complying with prior safety recommendation and safety action plan via onsite and telephonic communication. Provides clients with guidance on applicable OSHA and government regulations to promote safe work environments. Review Workers’ Compensation class code assignment at client and employee levels to ensure appropriate classification and wage level to ensure adequate premium collection.
• Performs initial client workers’ compensation and safety orientations to inform the clients of the risk services provided and to discuss the client’s responsibilities in the PEO relationship. Compares the business operations to those provided during the initial underwriting process to confirm classification and to determine if the risk level of the company is within Paychex risk appetite.
• Conducts on-site prospect assessments to gather additional workers’ compensation risk management information to aid in the underwriting decision process of new PEO prospects.
• Develops client and site specific Safety Program Manuals for PEO clients to assist them with controlling workplace injuries and complying with state and federal regulations.
• Monitors client’s workers’ compensation claim experience and perform accident investigations as requested. Works with PEO client companies to implement corrective measures to mitigate the exposure.
• Conducts client/ management/supervisory safety training to mitigate workplace exposure and to support Occupational Safety and Regulatory Compliance. Act as the client’s management resource regarding Risk Management topics issues to assist clients with managing their safety programs.
• Documents the results of all client interactions in accordance with department guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position’s function.
• H.S. Diploma – Required
• Associate’s Degree – Preferred
• Prior safety training experience.
• 5 years of experience in Safety experience.
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Phone: (941) 284-0259