We are a community clinic in North County San Diego with 12 clinic locations from Encinitas to Ramona.
Great benefits and paid time off. The schedule is full time 40 hours M-F 8-5
The Safety Coordinator provides technical administrative support to ensure compliance of internal and external policies, procedures and regulations as they relate to health and safety. The position requires a level of high proficiency to adequately monitor and manage corporate safety initiatives, to include the safety and ergonomics program, contract security services, worker’s compensation claims and critical incident response. The Safety Coordinators work is accomplished under the direction of the Safety Officer.
Employees of North County Health Services are expected to support the mission of NCHS and uphold its core values by striving for continuous quality improvement; being respectful and honoring psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs of each other and patients, clients and community members; acting ethically in all aspects in performing job duties; being team spirited; and exhibiting exemplary customer service in all interactions. North County Health Services employees are required to abide by the Code of Conduct, Building Great Relationships (BGR) standards, Corporate Compliance (HIPAA and Corporate Integrity), safe work practices, and privacy rules related to patient, employee, and volunteer information.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED • Certificate or Associate’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field and/or comparable job experience, preferably in the medical or mental health field.
• A minimum of two (2) years of continuous experience in safety/security/worker’s compensation related roles with similar mid¬scale organizations, preferably in the medical or mental health field.
• Demonstrated occupational safety, security and/or worker’s compensation training.
• Proficiency in adhering to standards, policy, procedures and protocols.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as letters, email communication, safety procedures, operating instructions and manuals in oral, written or diagram form.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Use of CCTV systems, access control systems and software.
LICENSES Will be required to travel to all NCHS’ sites and community locations therefore California Driver’s License, proof of insurance and clean driving record required.
1. Assist in implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) (Cal OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
2. Responsible for performing ergonomic evaluations and make recommendations for equipment.
3. Execute and maintain OSHA-related regulatory programs and documentation.
4. Effectively handle information and reports while maintaining the strictest confidentiality.
5. Administer regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting.
6. Assist in maintaining accuracy of the safety and security systems used for ergonomics, worker’s compensation, physical access control and critical incident response.
7. Ensure worker’s compensation claims are responded to timely and accurately.
8. Manage the workers’ compensation process: collect required paperwork, file claims, communicate with employees care providers and insurance carrier; and assist with resolution of issues and claims settlements.
9. Assist in creating and implementing new hire and annual refresher safety and security training.
10. Assist in conducting and properly documenting safety and security audits at clinical sites.
11. Respond to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather and any other critical incident.
Candidates can apply online or email me their resumes directly.
t. (760) 736-8609 | f. (760) 736-8740