The Safety Officer is responsible for assisting the Director of Risk and EHS with planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of occupational health, safety, and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for all team members and guests. Assures that the organization complies with applicable federal and state health, safety, and environmental laws, regulations, and standards.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Collects, analyzes, and evaluate safety, loss, and accident data.
* Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace.
* Conducts safety and environmental inspections.
* Develops and conduct safety and environmental training classes and new hire orientation.
* Prepares comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
* Provides advice and counsel concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations.
* Reviews SDS for impacts on environmental health and safety.
* Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of hazard control system, policies, and procedures.
* Recommends changes that reflect improvement to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
*Researches laws, regulations, codes, and best management practices in support of risk projects.
* Provides analyses and research in support of proactive projects aimed at attaining best practices and continuous improvement of risk processes and practices.
* Analyzes worker’s compensation claims and develops plans to reduce work injuries.
* Works with managers and supervisors to improve safety and reduce work injuries.
* Develops procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable environmental, health, and safety laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
* Participates in weekly meetings to communicate progress and problems.
* Protects company assets and reports any fraudulent activity to Surveillance Department and Management.
* Complies with and follows company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, and any applicable governmental laws and regulations.
* Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
* Maintains the knowledge of and ensures the team member is aware of marketing promotions, and changes related to the hotel policies and procedures.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
FOUR STAR AND FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE COMMITTMENT
All Team Members will display a Forbes Travel Guide Four Star and AAA Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Viejas Casino & Resort.
* Interacts with internal and external guests with a positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
* Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or guests.
* Does not provide supervision to others.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, or related field.
* 3 to 5 years of related experience in a safety or environmental capacity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Excellent guest service and organization skills.
* Knowledge of safety equipment and supplies.
* Knowledge of occupational health, safety, and environmental compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and standards.
* Knowledge of Windows, Excel, and Word software programs.
* Good analytical skills and detail oriented.
* Must be a self-started and able to adjust to change.
* Ability to develop and teach safety courses to groups of all sizes.
* Ability to multi-task, and work in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays, and be on-call 24 hours a day.
Melinda Mak | Talent Acquisition Recruiter
1 (619) 659-1828
5000 Willows Road, Alpine, CA 91901