CONTROL AIR ENTERPRISES LLC
Senior Construction Safety Manager
JOB TITLE: Senior Construction Safety Manager
REPORTS TO: Human Resources / Risk Management Department
LOCATION: Anaheim, Ca
Control Air Enterprises LLC (Control Air) and its affiliated companies maintain meaningful and effective employee safety programs. This includes developing and implementing policies in alignment with regulatory compliance standards, training and coaching employees and ensuring physical conditions of worksites are safe. Our goal is that nobody gets hurt.
The Senior Construction Safety Manager supports these company values by directing, controlling and managing field safety officers who are out on jobsites implementing company safety policies.
Key Requirements: Minimum of 10 years of verifiable, boots on the ground field supervisory level experience in at least one of the following areas (but not limited to): Concrete and masonry, Steel erection, Framing, Electrical, Plumbing, Sheet metal, Fabrication, HVAC.
Candidate will have at a minimum 5 years’ experience working as a construction safety manager, working with General Contractors, building inspectors and subcontractors. Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must possess strong computer skills (word, excel, outlook, etc.). This is a task and goal-oriented position and the candidate must be able to prioritize, organize their own schedule, and be able to work with only limited supervision.
Minimum Educational Requirements include: A four – year University degree in Occupational Safety and Health (OSH). Preferred candidate will also have safety / construction related
Professional Credentials (Board of Certified Safety Professionals) such as CSP and CHST. OHST or ASP is acceptable but must have related work experience. Must have completed and have a current OSHA Training Institute (OTI) Outreach Instructor for Construction (Course 500).
Candidate must demonstrate the ability and maintain adequate credentials (Competent Person) to train workers in the following areas: Fall Protection, Electrical Safety (including a working knowledge of NFPA 70-E (Arc Flash), Confined space entry and rescue, Scaffold awareness and user, Mobile equipment operation including boom and scissor lifts, Forklift operation, Ladder safety and hazard communication (Global Harmonized System), among other areas.
Must have a working knowledge of Cal OSHA Construction Safety Orders, Fed OSHA Construction Safety orders and EM385-1-1 (Army Corps of Engineers for applicate NAVFAC or military work).
Minimum Physical Requirements: Candidate must be comfortable working outdoors for sustained periods of time (minimum four hours) in weather conditions such as below 40 degrees Fahrenheit or in excess of 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Must be able to climb ladders, work at heights, climb stairs and access scaffolds and mechanical lifts. At a minimum lift 25 lbs. Must hold a valid Class C drivers’ license in the State of California and be able to drive for several hours every day to and from jobsites.
Must be willing to travel by air or car to other jobsites and Control Air locations. Expected travel 10-15 days per month.
• Manages and directs the Control Air safety department comprised of four or more safety officers. Responsible for the overall safety and health of all employees in both the field and fabrication shops.
• Assist in departmental budgeting processes and provide input as to regulatory changes that may affect operational needs.
• Meet with general contractors, schedulers, city planners, etc. as needed to help ensure job remains safe for all workers.
• Manage and supervise field safety officers, managing their schedules, ensuring job performances meet company standards and providing direction on activities. This includes reviewing weekly jobsite inspection reports, identifying training needs and managing OSHA required training documentation of all staff. May include walk-behinds on a monthly basis to assess field safety officer performance.
• Ensures environmental permits are managed at the fabrication locations and HMBP (Hazardous Materials Business Plans) are filed on time.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBLITIES
• Oversee the maintenance and management of Control Air’s written safety programs which include but are not limited to:
• Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) – Construction
• Fall Protection / Scaffold Policy
• Hazard Communication (GHS)
• Confined Space / Rescue
• Emergency Action Plan for Fabrication / Office locations
• Fire Prevention Plans for Fabrication / Office / Job site Hot work Programs
• Machine Guarding / Electrical Safety / Lock out Tag Out (field and fabrication shop)
• Respiratory Protection Program / Silica
• Assist Field Safety Manager in Accident Investigations
HOW TO APPLY
Send an updated resume with references to:
Jim Shields / Human Resources / Risk Management
Anticipated Compensation Range • $95,000 – $110,000 salary per year, including benefits.