- Telematics and Fleet Tracking Systems
October 9, 2018
7:15 am - 9:00 am
October 2018 ASSP Breakfast Meeting Presentation
Topic: Fleet Driver Telematics
Speaker: Jerry Leatherman
Jerry Leatherman is a seasoned Account Manager who has worked in location based services (M2M/IoT), wireline and wireless for nearly 20 years selling into all verticals and business classifications. His current position with Geotab allows him to interact with partners, prospects and clients on many levels as they work towards establishing best in class fleet management programs through the use of driver telematics technology. For the last 3 years Jerry has specifically been engaged in managing strategic partner relationships. This includes collaboration with resellers, partners, engineering, support services and other resources to present Geotab solutions based on customer requirements and needs.
This interactive presentation will focus on a few key telematics topics including:
- The benefits of tracking a driver’s behavior.
- Telematics in general (i.e., defined).
- How technology has advanced over the past 5-10 years and how that advancement has led to better access to information.
- An overview of Geotab’s capabilities.
- How the Geotab system differs from other systems such as such as front and rear mounted cameras, vehicle maintenance tracking, dots on a map, etc..
- Potential benefits from a commercial insurance perspective.
The presentation will conclude with the opportunity for questions and answers and Jerry will be available to discuss specific applications on a 1:1 basis.
Venue: Admiral Baker Club