February Breakfast Meeting
February 8, 2022
7:30 am - 8:30 am
The 10, No Make That 12 Questions Safety Professionals Should be Asking Themselves in 2022
It is a time for questions, introspection and personal renewal individually and within our profession. As we all look to this year and beyond, what will motivate and guide us will come from our review of where we have been, where we are and where we are going. Asking some critical questions will help define and achieve clarity in each of those realms. Dan will lead us in a review of the essential questions, and why we should be asking them, relative to, for example:
- What we should be doing as safety professionals
- What we should be learning as professionals
- Who and what we are influencing in our jobs and endeavors
- How we identify the need and what we should be changing in our jobs and profession
- Identifying those “things” we should be creating as each of us progresses in our journey
Whether focused on people, culture, technology or other driving factors in the business world, we are faced with a changing landscape that will influence who we are and what we do as safety professionals. Attend this session to hear about the essential questions we all should be asking ourselves and why they are important at this time.
Complete ZOOM Web Registration in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIvd-qvrTIuGdwnZkcRVsSEuJ75JuuYjRHC
**After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
About Daniel G. Hopwood, MPH, CSP, SMS, ARM, CBCP
Dan is a career-long member of ASSP and has been a member of the San Diego Chapter for over 40 years, starting as a member of the then Student Section at San Diego State University. He’s had the privilege to serve as a Chapter Delegate, Program Chair, PDC Chair, serve on many ad hoc committees and was proud to be the Chapter’s President-elect and President. Dan has also served as a Region 1 ASSP Assistant Regional Vice President and was the Regional Vice President from 2015-2017. He was a member of the ASSP Leadership Conference Planning Committee from 2015-2020.
Dan holds both a BS in Health Sciences with an emphasis in Industrial Safety and a Master of Public Health in Occupational Health from SDSU. He is a CSP and holds the SMS certification as well from the BCSP. In addition Dan earned the ARM from the Insurance Institutes of America and is a Certified Business Continuity Professional from the Disaster Recovery Institute International.
He is a Vice President and Regional Risk Control Leader for Sompo International Global Risk Solutions. Dan is responsible for a team of Consultants who handle large, complex casualty accounts as well as middle market property risks, for the Western Region, which comprises generally the states west of the Mississippi River.
Most recently, Dan has been appointed to the Board of Directors for the Board of Certified Safety Professionals and will be serving a 2022-2024 term.
Zoom Webinar registration info to come
APRIL BREAKFAST MEETING
February 9, 2022 - April 12, 2022
8:00 am - 8:30 am
Please mark your calendars for this latest development in Ergonomics and worker protection.
Meeting format of webinar or in-person venue To Be Determined.
Stay Tuned !
2022 ASSP SD Prof Training Day
March 8, 2022
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
SPEAKER LINEUP Includes:
- Wilma Wooten, San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency
- Brian Dolanksy, Virgin Hyperloop
- Kaitlin Kehl & Bradley Hitchcock, Dexcom
- Gregory Zoffel, Viasat
- Ray Duncan, SDG&E
- George Williams, Cal State San Marcos
- Kevin Bland, Ogletree
- Ron Gantt, Reflect Consulting Group
- Peter Kuchinsky, ACWA JPIA
- Early-Bird (Until Feb 4th 2022) = $150
- Regular (AFTER Feb 4th 2022) = $175
- Student = $95
- Group Tables (8 chairs) = $1,000
- Platinum (Single Keynote) = $1,500
- Logo/name recognition on select event literature
- Verbal recognition at all sessions
- 5 complimentary event tickets – includes Reserved lunch table
- Marketing/advertising material in program materials
- 1 trade show table with choice of available position
- Logo displayed in lunch room and breakout sessions
- Sponsor Recognition at lunch
- Gold = $1,000
- Everything listed in Silver level
- Logo recognition on select event literature including photo booth photos
- 2 event tickets – includes lunch
- Double booth size
- Silver = $500
- Verbal recognition at the event.
- Your company logo or sign located at the sponsored item.
- Your logo as an event sponsor displayed on the San Diego ASSP website for a period of one year.
PROMOTE YOUR COMPANY–Present a Vendor Table !
- $450 for Table Space and Conference registration (Including Lunch)
- $50 for each additional associate of your firm
MAY 10th Breakfast Meeting
May 10, 2022
7:30 am - 8:30 am
Please join the Sustainability Director at one of San Diego’s major biotechnology companies to learn about their demands, goals and successes !
Meeting format (webinar or in-person venue) TBD.
STAY TUNED !!
Cathi Marx Retirement
May 13, 2022
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Cathi L. Marx is retiring — Come celebrate the woman of the hour !!!
Nearly forty years ago, Cathi entered the insurance and safety industry. She has made a significant difference in the world by preventing thousands of injuries and saving countless lives. Not only serving as a mentor and teacher to thousands of students, she has carried the message of safety and security to over 1.5 million people.
Words simply can not express her service, dedication and leadership lent to our local ASSP chapter. Don’t miss out !!
WHEN: Friday, May 13, 2022
4:00 PM – 7:00 PM PST
WHERE: Soledad Club
5050 Soledad Road
San Diego, CA 92109