Safety Services Consultant
Sentry’s dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are currently seeking a, experienced, safety minded, and results driven individual to fill a Loss Control consultant position supporting our Regional business unit’s Irvine, California office. The ideal candidate will be located in the Southern, California area and able to conduct comprehensive safety and loss control assessments, providing our Underwriting team with a strong analytical opinion of risk to support our goal of profitable growth in the middle to large premium market segment. In addition, the successful candidate will develop close relationships with our agents and policyholders, conducting selected safety seminars and training, to build the value-added service that Sentry is known for. We are searching for an individual who is passionate about consulting on safety and risk management practices, can work from home, with excellent organizational skills to effectively manage their territory.
What You’ll Do
The following are some of the responsibilities of this Loss Control consultant position.
• Conduct on-site risk evaluation surveys and complete detailed reports to assist our Underwriting groups with account acceptability.
• Assist customers with development and implementation of safety polices, programs and procedures specific to each account & loss exposure.
• Provide advanced risk management and consultative services to assigned clients.
• Conduct Job-site safety inspections and OSHA 10-hour seminars for our Regional construction line of business.
• Maintain and demonstrate safety management and expertise in areas such as commercial property protection, general liability, product liability, fleet safety and employee safety.
• Develop, coordinate and conduct safety/risk management seminars and training programs for accounts to promote awareness and reduce claim frequency and severity.
• Develop and execute service proposals and plans to qualified accounts.
What it Takes
• B.S. degree with emphasis in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, or Physical Sciences preferred
• 5 or more years of insurance safety consulting experience or safety work in a private industry (construction and manufacturing)
• Current safety designation recipient including CSP or ability & desire to pursue
• High level of independence, organization, and self-motivation to work from home
• Experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi location accounts preferred
• Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards, and DOT regulations
• High level of verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to learn use of specialized building valuation (MSB Express), diagramming and report software
• Acceptable motor vehicle record for extensive travel (50%) including overnight travel
What You’ll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
• Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
• Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
• 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
• Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
• Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
• Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
• Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
• Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Ken Grote CSP, CHST
Sr. Safety Services Consultant
Pacific Regional Office
19100 Von Karman Ave. Ste. 1000
Irvine, CA. 92612
Cell Phone # 760-818-6350
EHS Colorado Site Manager
Posted: Oct 26, 2019
Hach Loveland, Colorado Site EHS Manager
The EHS Manager will serve the vital role of safety champion for our Loveland, CO facility, the Global Headquarter of Hach Company. You will be responsible for supporting the facility in the development, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and continuous improvement of Environment, Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Local Regulatory Requirements.
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
Danaher Water platform, Chief EHS Officer